It was so nice to see many of you at the Fall Fair. I am happy to report that we raised $1010 through members who made a donation to the Scholarship program during the Fall Fair.
Anyone who donated that day, was put into a drawing for a "Nothing Bundt Cake" gift card, and drumroll please....... Sue Clarahan was the lucky winner!
We have had 65 members make donations since the beginning of our fiscal year in June. This is just about 10% of the club. As I mentioned in the last Clarion it would be wonderful if we could get 100% participation from members. Even $5 will help make a difference! Currently to date, we have added $3010 to the endowment fund since June 1, 2022.
So... if you missed out on making a donation at the Fall Fair the good news is, it's not too late! There are several ways you can get involved.
1) Below is the Scholarship Form to complete and send in with a donation.
2) We are happy to announce that you can make your donation online directly to the University of Iowa Center for Advancement. You can scan the QR code below or visit: https://bit.ly/3QDinYI
If you make a donation online directly to the endowment fund and you would like to have your name listed in the Clarion, please forward the confirmation email that you get from them to me. My contact info is below.
3) There will be a booth at each luncheon, in which you can stop by and drop off your donation there.
4) I am encouraging each interest group to choose one meeting throughout the year and dedicate that meeting to the Scholarship fund. I hope that the interest groups who choose to participate will have a little fun with this and find creative ways to encourage those in attendance to participate.
We will be tracking the participation of interest groups who choose to participate in two ways. One by the amount raised and second by the percentage of participation. There will be some fun prizes given away to the winners of each category. Winners will be announced June 1, 2023.
5) Be watching the facebook page for opportunities to make your donation there
6) Know someone that is having a birthday or some other sort of celebration? Make a donation in honor of their special day.
7) Have an important person in your life who has passed and you would like to give in remembrance of them? What a special way to pay tribute.
8) Maybe the special person being celebrated is you? Suggest that your friends and family make a donation in honor of you! Collect their donation and turn them in in the formats above. Want to do it as a Facebook Fundraiser? Let me know, I can help you set it up!
9) Working with your estate plan? Consider leaving a legacy and having the University Club Scholarship be listed as a beneficiary of your estate.
10) Start a change jar - Collect your change from now until the end of May 2023 and donate that amount to the scholarship fund!
Together we can make a difference in the lives of young University of Iowa Women! Which way will you choose?
Finance Chair 2022-2023
The University Club
Many of you have already made generous donations to The University Club scholarship fund from the Required Minimum Distribution from your IRA. I won’t pretend to be a financial advisor but it is my understanding that in 2021, there is no longer an RMD waiver, and the age has changed to 72. Your donations to The University Club Scholarship Fund are always deductible expenses because you write the checks to the UI Center for Advancement. Please do contact your financial advisor if you are considering this form of donation. If your check is sent directly to the Center for Advancement, and this is the preferable route, due to privacy rules, the foundation will not notify me of your generosity. In order to add your donation to our total for the year, to receive coupons for a free luncheon, recognition in the Clarion and the Honor Roll in the Yearbook, you, the donor, will need to notify the Finance Chair, Monica Hayes at the address on the donation coupon in this Clarion. Thank you!
Finance Chair 2021-2022
The University Club